Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
The first of the three summer holidays is upon us this weekend. In order to maximize your relaxation its important to stock the house with food & beverage. One good strategy is to make a big pot of food that can be kept in the refrigerator all weekend. It’s great to come back from the beach or a mountain hike and have some healthy, high protein dish that you simply
One of my favorites is a slow cooker turkey chili recipe. This particular recipe is low fat, packed with protein and vegetables and takes about 20 minutes to prepare. It’s simple to reheat in the microwave and makes 6-8 servings.
- Celery & Carrots
- 3 Cans of Beans – Garbanzo, Kidney & Black Beans
- Can of crushed tomatoes (Hatch chili or Italian spiced)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1.5 lbs of reduced fat ground turkey
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper & 1 jalapeno pepper
Steps to Make Healthy Turkey Chili in Slow Cooker
- Load your crockpot with 3 cups of chicken broth and set to High.
- Dice onions & peppers, celery and carrots and sauté in some olive oil
- Butter and season the corn and place on grill to roast
- Brown turkey in a skillet
When everything looks almost done throw it all in the crockpot. Drain and add the crushed tomatoes. Chop kale finely and add to crockpot. Add salt, pepper, chili flakes & Cholula. Boom, you’re done! In about three hours your whole house will smell amazing. The best part is that guests can serve themselves while you relax.
Enjoy Your Weekend and Thanks For Reading!